Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Computer Classroom Management

Technology is part of every student life. In University, many course are given through the Internet and many course note are only available on webCT. In High School, most of the students spend many hours per week on the internet, whether it is before or after school, they chat, surf or play games. I remember when I was in High School, I used to spent hours on MSN to chat with friends. At the same time, I was surfing on the Internet to find any news on my favorite celebrities. In Elementary School, the children have computer labs, and in some classes they have computers in the classroom. they know how to surf through the Internet and how to install some software on the computer. When I was in kindergardner (a couple of years ago...) I remember that we had a computer in the classroom, okay it was not very powerful but it was a computer. I knew how to work with a computer before I actually got one at home.
Teachers have to know how the technology works to be able to work with it with their students. They also have to change their method of classroom management and adapt it to the environment. The students don' t act the same in a computer labs than in their own classroom.
To sum up, the technology is important for the students and in the mean time, it has to become important for the teachers. the teachers have to work on their approach to teaching in computer labs to be able to handle this type of classroom environment.

No comments: